Just some thoughts, Ladies and Gentlemen. Right or wrong...just what I was feeling at the time. - S. Carter



Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A More Perfect Union




Ok, let me start by saying that I'm a speechwriter. This is one of the best written and most eloquently delivered speeches I've ever heard. I especially like the way Sen. Obama likened Rev. Wright to an older, sometimes unpredictable uncle. The Senator did not disrespect Rev. Wright, nor did he try to defame his character OR Christianity. Instead, Obama basically explained that while Wright’s views may be a bit extreme, they are not totally unfounded. We as a people have been through a lot – that cannot be negated, but now is the time for us to work together with all Americans to get our country to where it needs to be. I've heard that Sen. Obama wrote the majority of this speech himself - if so, we NEED this man to be our president. Even though it could mean putting speechwriters like me out of work, lol, he NEEDS to be our president!



No comments: