1. When will people who have NEVER watched "Jon & Kate Plus 8" stop trying to act like they know what they're talking about now that the family is all over the news?
2. Whoever wrote "Birthday Sex" needs to be tarred, feathered, banished to a room with Damon from "Friday After Next."
3. Why do some bloggers take themselves so seriously? You write and gossip about other people's lives for a living, but get mad when a celebrity calls you out - what kind of sense does that make? Just because someone is famous, it doesn't make EVERYTHING they do our business!
4. I hate it when I get a Facebook friend request from somebody I don't like, who I know doesn't like me. If we can't stand each other normally, why would I want to be your Facebook friend? Stop being nosey!
5. I can't stand people who always feel the need to "one-up" others. If you don't sit your "Penelope" (from SNL) tail down...you sound just as foolish as she does! For those of you who aren't familiar...meet "Penelope."
6. I'm sure I've said this before, but I'm gonna say it again. If you're gonna ride in the left lane, you need to MOVE! There is no reason why you should be driving 65 in the left lane on 295 or the Turnpike!
7. Why do movies seem to be getting more and more Satanic? Seriously, who even wants or needs to see all of that!?! Jesus, please be a fence!
8. TruVibe is fabulous! Check them out! http://www.myspace.com/truvibeproductions
9. Why don't I get WEtv? This is what I'm missing, and I'm NOT pleased!
10. Who chose Ashanti to play Dorothy in The Wiz? And is that person aware that you have to sing, dance AND act simultaneously? This should be interesting!
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
As a long-time and faithful fan of TLC's "Jon & Kate Plus 8" it is only fitting that I devote a post to the controversy surrounding the show. While the couple's separation is public, and as the divorce rumors grow, the media seems to be forgetting about the feelings of eight very special little people - Cara, Mady, Alexis, Hannah, Aaden, Collin, Leah and Joel. While these kids have been on TV since they were in diapers, they do not deserve to have their family's business dragged through the mud. Whatever their parents' issues are, the kids deserve their privacy. I can't sit here and even begin to act like I know how it feels to have my parents separate (they've been married for 30 years), but I can only imagine that it would be 100 times worse knowing that the entire world was talking about it.
Now, don't get me wrong - it's obvious that this couple has issues. And it seems like America saw these issues before Jon and Kate did. They're two very different people, with two very different personalities. However, I've said from the beginning that I don't believe that Jon cheated on Kate - mainly because he's just not that stupid. I think he's just tired of having his family's business and dirty laundry aired on national television once a week, and all day long on holidays. They have very different personalities, and I think they got tired of butting heads. I'm not here to pass judgment or blame. Instead, I just hope and pray that they get it together for their kids. This is a Christian couple, a couple who just renewed their vows last year and promised their children that they would be together forever. What better testimony would this couple have, than to have weathered this storm and come out better and stronger because of it? Instead of passing judgment and assigning blame, we need to pray for the Gosselin family.