Wednesday, September 9, 2009
1. Why is it that I always spend more at M.A.C. than I intend to?
2. Is it just me, or are the flight attendants on U.S. Airways flights becoming increasingly rude? Don't blame me because you hate your job!
3. Please do NOT go through unethical means to get somebody's phone number! Guys (or girls), just because have access to a lady's (or guy's) phone number because you work together, are in the same organization, etc., it doesn't give you permission to use it without their consent. Trust if he or she wanted you to have it, they'd have given it to you!
4. I just can't watch "Jon & Kate Plus 8" anymore. It's not the same :-(
5. People who constantly complain about Tyler Perry and his movies need to take a seat! If you want to make "better" movies, do so! This make makes movies that are aimed at the Black community, period. Some of the characters can be a bit much at times, but they're nothing if they aren't realistic! Even the most bougie people out there have/had at least one family member who acts/acted like Madea. Get over it! I don't see you selling out any box offices...
6. Why do people volunteer lies? If I've never asked you for anything, why would you lie to me about what you plan to do? OFF!
7. Tyra Banks just needs to stop. She tries so hard to remain relevant...it's not working! I stopped watching ANTM like two years ago.
8. I miss "Girlfriends." I was watching a rerun on BET the other night, and got a little sad. Same with "The Game."
9. Nail salons in the hood do great designs! Suburban salons do great French manis/pedis, but if you want a fab design, you have to go to the city.
10. Yelp.com gives GREAT restaurant reviews. Real reviews, by real people (including yours truly!) - check it out!
Hey there fellow B.A.P.s! Miss me? I've missed y'all!
As the summer comes to a close (I refuse to believe it's over), I can honestly say that I had the best summer I've had in years! I was up and down 95 a few times (between NY and DC), went to NC, Tennessee and Puerto Rico - all in all, I had a ball. Because I work in government, my summer doesn't really begin until July 1, but I had an action-packed July and August.
Oh, and I cut my hair. Now anyone who knows me (and most of you don't) know that cutting my hair was a BIG deal! Don't get me wrong, I never had waist-length locs, but my hair has always been on the longer side (shoulder length and longer) and well taken care of. I've been natural for the past 4 years, but after a mishap with a prescription shampoo (e-mail me for the details), I suffered severe texture damage, which left me unable to wear my natural curls. I pressed my hair once a week for about six months, and then alternated between salon presses and twist sets. Once summer hit, I was ready for a change, and I'd been warning my hairstylist for months that it was coming. I'm pleased to say that my stylist gave me the PERFECT cut - I love it! I'd never considered myself to be a short-hair girl, and other than my asymmetrical (Rihanna) bob two years ago, I'd never really had short hair. But now all of that has changed! I don't know, short hair just makes me feel different...sexy and more mature. Lol, my father has even taken to singing Patti Labelle's "New Attitude" to me, because he says he can tell a difference. Whatever it is, I'm embracing it! My experience has taught me to be confident in me, and nothing else. For years I feel like I hid behind my hair...I was always "the one with the hair." And while that was flattering, I feel like I fell prey to "being" my hair. Ladies, we have to be comfortable with ourselves and know that we are beautiful regardless! Of course we all have our days when we'll feel less than fabulous (who doesn't?), but just know that you make or break your look and your attitude!